Performance appraisal skill
Are you able to make fair evaluation and develop your staff through performance appraisal?
- Appraisers don’t fully understand the purpose and meaning of appraisal system but simply think it is unnecessary and time-consuming.
- Unclear appraisal criteria as well as inconsiderate points of view of appraisers cause subjective and inconsistent evaluations, which leads to employee dissatisfaction.
- While appraisal system are thought to support human resource development, it cannot be fully utilized because appraisers are lacking of feedback skills and interview conducting skills.
This course helps appraisers understand the meaning of appraisal system, as well as improve appraisal skill and interview skill in order to develop staff’s ability further. You can also include your company’s own appraisal system for practice during the training.
- Training venue:
- Training method:
At client’s company as required
Active learning through excercises, case study and group discussion etc.
- Understand the purpose of appraisal system and role of appraisers.
- Increase consciousness and conduct fair and appropriate evaluation by learning the appraisal process, system and how to set up appraisal items and criteria.
- Learn necessary skills that helps appraisal to result in staff development.
- Managers, Supervisors, and staff who are related to performance appraisal
Part 1: Manager’s role and responsibility in performance appraisal
Part 2: Process and various methods for performance appraisal
- Role and responsibility of managers in performance appraisal
- The purpose and importance of performance appraisal
Part 3: Necessary skills to conduct a successful appraisal interview
- Overall process of performance appraisal
- Various methods for more effective performance appraisal conduct (360 degree feedback, evaluation by MBO, etc.)
- Indicators for evaluating performance (KPI)
- Methods of setting appraisal items and criteria
- Common errors and tendency in appraisal
Part 4: Effective interview for performance appraisal
- Questioning skill and positive listening skill
～7 rules for effective communication
- Leading and persuasion skill
- Effective feedback skill
- Coaching skill for developing staff’s potential
Part 5: Appraisal results applied to staff development
- Preparation for the interview
- Interview process and key point notice
- Understand and be able to control different types of employees during the interview
- Deal with questions and negative response from staff
Part 6: Action Plan
- Analyze needs for staff training and development based on appraisal results
- Establish staff training and development plan
Until April 2017
94Participants have joined this course.
36Companies have used our service for this course.
100%Participants evaluate the course is "Useful" (In which, "Very useful" is 69%).
98%Participants evaluate the consultant is "Good" (In which, "Very good" is 39%).
“Performance Appraisal Skills” pamphlet
For the sample of training material please send your request to us here.